- Original cut : like in 1980, with light adaptations for modern needs (especially comfort)
- Button closure : old school and extra reliable !
- Wind-breaker : great resistance against the wind
- Waterproof : keeps you dry in light rains
- Reinforced seams: perfect for intense outdoor activities
- Season : all seasons
- Materials : 100% tent fabric (cotton only)
- Manufacturer : Avtor
Gorka Suit “1”
The Gorka 1 is the first of a long serie. It was designed to be used in missions with Spetsnaz in mountains. Our model is a bit different than the original one created in 1980 for better comfort.
History of the Gorka 1
Everyone needs to know this story. During the Russian campaign in Afghanistan, it became clear that the usual army uniform was not suitable for the weather conditions in the local mountains. Sudden temperature changes and strong winds required more specific clothing, better adapted to the climate. The first samples have been tested well before the Afghan campaign since about 1975. It was only during the years 1980-81 that the original Gorka 1 appeared in the army.
The costume was immediately appreciated not only by the armed forces but also by hunters, fishermen, men working outside… With time, many modifications appeared, distributed by season, by objective and of course by manufacturers.
The classic windproof mountain suit had the reputation of being “unbeatable” !